Sunday 10 January 2016


Today I had a brisk walk in Scarborough along the seafront to the harbour. There I got great views of at least 5 Shag and a Black-necked grebe, one of three that has been present for quite a while now. Dad and I walked back to the car and saw (I think) 10 Mediterranean gulls in Holbeck hill carpark.
After this we went to the patch (Hunmanby gap) and saw c.20 Little gulls heading south as well as three diver species. The first being Red-throated diver, what I expected to see. Then a different looking diver flew in and when it dived we saw a distinctive white triangle which confirmed that it was a Black-throated diver. We started walking back as the light was fading and saw a much larger diver quite close in, straight away we could tell it was a Great northern diver. As well as these the patch also produced two gannets and lots of Shag and Cormorant.

All in all a good day

Stock dove
Shag

Black-necked grebe
.

No comments:

Post a Comment