Thursday 18 February 2016

Castle Howard

This morning my dad said we were going out for the day with my gran who was staying with us. He suggested Castle Howard, the fact that there was an American Wigeon there was purely coincidental! When we got there we went to the Great lake first. There we saw a huge flock of Eurasian wigeon and some Goldeneye, Gadwall and Tufted ducks. I took a photo of the flock and zoomed in. To my astonishment I could see it's head, the rest of the bird was behind a Mute swan! I wanted better views though and I went back alone later on whilst my gran, dad and brother were looking in the gardens. It was much closer with other duck species. I tried ringing my dad to tell him but I had no signal. I took some photos and rushed to tell him it was there. We went back after having some lunch and got more good views of it. I was glad I saw it as I had missed the Scarborough one the week before, whether this was the same bird or not I am unsure.
American wigeon with Eurasian wigeon and a Tufted duck
American Wigeon
American wigeon with a Tufted duck and a Canada goose

American wigeon with a Eurasian wigeon and a Gadwall


No comments:

Post a Comment