Sunday 20 March 2016

19th & 20th March (WEX at Tophill then Patch)


On the 19th of March I had a busy day, in the morning I was helping plant trees with the local Wildlife explorers group, then in the afternoon I was helping at Hull Science Festival and then swimming in a swimming gala that evening. On the way to Tophill I was incredibly surprised to see a Glossy Ibis flying NE over Langtoft, East Yorkshire! At Tophill we saw the usual birds, such as Black-headed gulls and a nice pair of Mistle thrushes. The Science festival was very busy and the gala went well with our team finishing 2nd out of 4. Below are the pictures from the 19th then the 20th is below them.
Shoveler
Gadwall
Mistle thrush 
Mistle thrush
Today, the 20th, Dad and I went to the coastal part of the patch. There was a steady passage of gulls. This resulted in one of two patch ticks of the day, two Lesser black-backed gulls. We then saw a Tree Sparrow. I tried to get a scope onto the Filey Surf scoter but didn't manage to see it (obviously).
Lesser black-backed gull 
Herring gull 
Herring gull 
Carrion crow
Herring gull





No comments:

Post a Comment