Thursday 3 March 2016

February PWC2016 Roundup


My second month of Patchwork challenge was very quiet with just 11 patch ticks. This is probably because I only managed one trip to the coastal part of my patch, Hunmanby Gap.
All pictures were taken by me on the patch.
The first ticks were in the fields around Hunmanby on the 7th (February) with some Meadow pipits and a Reed bunting.
Reed bunting

After these my next tick also appeared in Hunmanby on the 18th. A Greenfinch, this was long awaited as it was unusual not to get any in January.
Greenfinch
Meadow pipit
The next tick also in Hunmanby was at 3am! A Tawny owl was calling (loudly) on the 19th.

The fifth and sixth ticks were on the 20th and 25th. The 20th produced 7 Tufted ducks on the pools near to Hunmanby Gap, and the 25th boasted a Barn Owl (which I saw from the school bus while it was driving through part of my patch. 

Sparrowhawk
Dad and I finally managed to get down to the coast on the 27th. Here we got five ticks: c.150 Lapwing, 30 Linnet, a Song thrush, a Redshank and two Mute swans
Linnet (with a Meadow pipit in the background)


Stonechat (one of a pair)

Kestrel

Long-tailed tit

Stonechat

A few of the Lapwing











No comments:

Post a Comment