Sunday 13 March 2016

Bempton then Filey

This morning my mum dropped me off in Bempton village, I then walked along the road to the nature reserve. On the road I saw lots of finches and some Yellowhammers. When I got to the reserve I knew I was slightly early in the season to see lots of auks. I saw a few Puffins on the sea as well as Razorbills and Guillemots. There were lots of Kittiwakes, Gannets and Fulmars on the cliffs as well as Jackdaws. After a couple of hours my dad found me to pick me up. We walked briefly to the south side of the reserve where we saw a Ringed plover in the fields. On the way home I managed to persuade my dad to try and see the Filey Surf scoter. This was the second time for me but he still hadn't seen it. We saw it from the top of the Brigg but wanted to get closer, so went down to sea level and walked quite a long way over the rocks. We saw lots Oystercatchers and Cormorants. Then there it was! Swimming quite close to the shore with a Cormorant. Although I had already seen the bird, this was amazing.

Below are some pictures (and a video) I took.


Surf scoter
Gannets

Puffin
Oystercatcher
Gannet
Rabbit 
Blackbird
Surf scoter and a Cormorant
Jackdaw 
Ringed plover 
Kittiwake 
Fulmar
Surf scoter
Gannet
Tree sparrow

2 comments: